November 11, 2009
current list of worries
1. I've developed a sore foot. It's sore on the medial aspect of the heel, below (and sometimes to the back side of) the ankle bone. It's sometimes sore to the touch, and some of my running shoes rub on it. When it's sore during a run (which is not all the time) I have to work at not altering my gait. But I'm not always successful, so sometimes other parts of me get sore from running funny. I've taken some time off running, which has helped, but not enough. So I worry.
2. So coach says no running for the next 3 days, only xtraining, some of which will include threshold and MP-effort work. He says he thinks I could take an entire week off running and it would not hurt me at all in mid-December, when the race is. He says the bulk of the work has been done. And he's been so right about so many things in the year I have worked with him. But still, I worry.
3. I have received no confirmation (other than an email from the elite coordinator) that I'm really registered for the race. And the race has reached its limit and is now closed. The website lists all the entrants and I am not on that list. The list of top seeds is still from last year. So I worry.
4. I have a lot to do in the next 2 weeks, and substituting xtraining for running adds just a little bit extra time and hassle to each day, and requires a bit more planning and shoving things around to accommodate it. So I worry about getting everything done, and getting enough rest.
5. I worry that I will not get the job I applied for. And people are losing jobs everywhere, and the market is flooded with tons of well-qualified people. And I used to be well-qualified for this job (yes, it's an IT job), but it's been a while and I'm nowhere near as well-qualified as the people who were doing this kind of work, er, yesterday. So I worry.
6. Sunday we are playing a kind of interesting set, just piano and bass, which requires a different approach than the usual guitar-bass-drums or guitar-bass thing we've been doing. I will need to be good, for one thing. And the last song will be piano and viola, and I'm more than a little worried about that.
more worries will be posted as they occur to me.
Posted by joe positive at November 11, 2009 4:36 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Sore feet are going around.
Listen to your coach and don't worry. 3 days or a week with cross training now won't hurt.
Posted by: Ewen at November 13, 2009 4:52 AM
Yep, definitely take a couple days off (don't go overboard like me though). Good luck on all of the above. I don't think you need it though.
Posted by: Mindi at November 14, 2009 9:39 AM