May 20, 2009
surely it is time
Quads (both of them) are 99% unsore, and I am bursting with energy and ideas and plans for the next race. And last night I dreamed an all-day sucker of a dream, which included, in no particular order:
- my friend who killed himself, only he was alive, but he was going to kill himself and everybody knew it. But he was alive, and I was trying to say the right things so that he would be happy
- I became reacquainted with some MS-SQLServer DBA stuff
- my old boss and I had a discussion about clustered vs nonclustered indexes
- I let my old boss explain something to me that I already knew, so he could feel good about himself and I wouldn't come off as a know-it-all, and because I was secretly hoping he'd offer me a part-time job
- my friend who killed himself, and by this part of the dream, he'd already killed himself
- a Facebook quiz: "what dead person's band are you most closely allied with?" and my result was Nailbiters, the first band my friend started after we broke up and our band broke up
- this local guy who has become the self-styled Keeper of the Cartoon Memory of my friend; when any memorial shows or tributes or retrospectives are discussed, you can be sure he's a big part of it.
- all of this took place in a big mall like Tower City in Cleveland
This dream started when I fell asleep last night and ended when I woke up this morning. It is a clear sign that I've got entirely too much energy, and it is time to start training again for then next thing.
Posted by joe positive at May 20, 2009 12:10 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Wow, somehow I just found your blog from Races Like a Girl and your ramblings about kicking butt at a recovery marathon combined with having dreams about SQL indexing just made my face go all smiley. :-)
Yay for db geeks who run. I'll read your blog more, but thought I'd just throw that out there as a 'hello'.
Posted by: Andrea at May 26, 2009 12:36 AM