January 1, 2007
before I forget
some stuff I never thought would happen, all from 2006:
1) ran 3665 miles, albeit mostly very slowly.
2) I left IT for real and for true (I hope).
3) I heard the phrases "Jeff Connelly aiy-kaiy-aiy Monoman" and "boy crush" uttered as part of a eulogy.
4) PRs for 5K, 5 miles, 10K, 15K, and marathon. Hope to god that's not the end of it.
5) no injuries, running or otherwise. The nagging PF I've had since March doesn't count.
6) my best dog friend, who I thought didn't have a spare brain in her head, learned to roll over when I point an imaginary gun (finger) at her and say "dead dog!"
Posted by joe positive at January 1, 2007 4:25 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Thanks for commenting on my blog.I didn't know you had one and so will be keeping an eye on you now sister!
Happy new year:)
Posted by: shortlegs at January 1, 2007 10:19 PM
... wonderful to see that in the year reset (I have this tendency to think that when counters of sorts change number, a glitch could make the whole thing crash) your wonderfully unique sense of humour has remained constant... I read the lyrics of "Days", and I was going to post on it but then i thought to keep my thoughts to myself as an ongoing far-reaching telepathy experiment :-) ... symbolically, I have decided to put the nose back on smileys at least for the whole of 2007 as a tribute to all people who have made great efforts to study anatomy to help us (runners included) to understand better how we function... congratulations on your PR studded year... but the morally-thought-provoking canine trick, has to win the achievements prize... best regards, Corrado
Posted by: corrado giambalvo at January 2, 2007 5:25 AM
Corrado, I think putting the nose on smileys is the best new year's resolution anyone could have.
May you have a very good year.
Posted by: joe positive at January 2, 2007 10:30 AM