November 25, 2005
1. It was nice and cool this morning. I ran 10 miles at whatever pace felt good at the moment, which turned out to be faster than I ran those 6.2 miles yesterday.
2. I got to work from home today.
3. The co-worker who quit had a really nifty flat-panel monitor, and I asked my boss if I could have it. He said yes, but immediately asked if I could work all day so he could let everyone else go home early. How could I say no? I already was home!
4. Late this afternoon I found out I was going to have to work tonight, but then I found out I didn't have to after all.
5. One of the perks of working from home is being able to change into running clothes towards the end of the day. Right on the dot of 5 I went out for 5 miles. I love it when the sun is setting and it gets cooler and cooler as you go along. I wish there were more races at sunset. When I got in from running my husband was watching one of those ancient David Lettermans on Trio and there was REM in all their 1982 shoegazeboy glory. For people as old as I am this can summon some pretty weird reactions.
6. According to the race results, the guy I was running with yesterday - who told me he was trying for 42 - did absolutely great. He's #51.
7. There is a 10K tomorrow a bit north of here that is off-road for a mile an a half, and very hilly. I was this close to entering it as some kind of redemption for yesterday's mess, but I came to my senses.
Posted by joe positive at November 25, 2005 6:05 PM